Here we are again in a New Year. Welcome 2010! While people are setting resolutions for the upcoming year, events are being scheduled likewise. Here are just a few events that are in the works for the Danville and Lexington area. Most tickets for the Lexington area events can be purchased from Ticketmaster at ticketmaster.com, or through local box offices.
• Saturday January 16th at 7:30p.m. Rupp Arena is hosting a Monster Jam event. Give yourself a monster truck experience for the toughest of the tough. Prices for kids 2-12 range between $11.50 to $12.50 per kid, and adult tickets range from $21.50- $26.50. You can check Rupp Arena’s website for more details.
• Saturday January 17th at 3:00p.m. Rupp welcomes The Harlem Globe Trotters. Tickets range from $22-$98 per person.
• Wednesday February 17th at 7:30p.m. The Black Eyed Peas will be in concert. Tickets vary from $39.50- $80.50 per ticket.
• Thursday April 29th Taylor Swift will be in concert at 7p.m. Tickets are on sale from $26.00-$60.50 per ticket.
The Lexington Convention Center:
• Sunday January 24th 10a.m- 4p.m. the convention center is having a Lexington Reptile Expo in the Heritage Ballroom. Tickets are $4.50 a person, or you can purchase a family pack for 2 adults and 2 kids ages 7-17 for $12.50. Check out lexingtonreptile.com for more info.
The Opera House:
• May 7-9th Disney’s Beauty and the Beast the smash hit Broadway musical. Prices range from $60- $85 a ticket.
The Danville Community Arts Center:
• January 6-February 25th DINOSAURS: THE BIG PICTURE. Featuring the Hankla Collection. Admission is $6 for adults, $4 for children, $5 seniors, and $2.50 per person for field trips.
Norton Center for the Arts:
• Friday February 19th at 8p.m. in Newlin Hall. The Norton Center features Le Grande Cirque. A compilation of acrobats and stunts put into a circus based performance.
The Ragged Edge Community Theatre:
• January 14-17 & January 21-24. The Wizard of Oz. Performances are Thursday-Saturday at 8p.m. and a matinee on Sunday at 3p.m. Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for children.
Hopefully this list of events will help to inspire you to be active in the New Year!