Back in November, a Chinese forum leaked some (at the time) unknown Battlefield 3 DLC information and inciting new Battlefield 4 information. The problem was, you can only take so much with a grain of salt. However, once the Battlefield 3 "End Game" information was proved true, it gave some more "worth" to the potential Battlefield 4 information.
Tomorrow, Dice has plans to reveal some form of trailer or teaser for Battlefield 4, this is no secret. What comes along with this is the inevitable amount of information to follow. That information comes today from another Chinese forum. Bare in mind, I'm passing on the word here, and in no way am confirming or denying any of this. There are some interesting bits of information though, so check out out (be advised, the translation is a little... funky).
The details given are as follows:
- Frostbite 2.5, DX11 only, PC leading platform
- PS4/X720 720p60, 60 players in MP
- PS3/X360 720p30, 24 players in MP
- Destruction 4.0, best on PC with highpowered Direct Compute GPUs
- Dynamic weather [sunny, rain, dust storms]
- Tessellation for Water, terrain and figures
- Game set in 2020 China, lots of their military equipment, almost all MP maps are in China
- Single player 5-6 hours long, 2 missions with chinese protagonist
- Better weapon modification system, battlelog 2.0, better air combat
- Commander mode in multi-player
- Micro-transactions will not affect balance
- Battlefield 3 players will get "veteran weapons" unlocked
- Improved personalized appearance and equipment customization
- Server rental
- Recording function
Now, some of these things we have heard before, but there are some important notes here. One being that next generation console's will not run at 1080p. I'm torn on this, because they are focusing on frame rate (60fps) and that is a good thing. Interesting to note that Killzone for the PlayStation 4 was shown at 1080p running at 30fps, so maybe thats the trade off with these next generation console's given legitimacy of these "leaks."
Also important to note is the variable weather effects. Dice has had no problem shoving the fact that it is pouring out in those promo images released, so I have no doubt thats a possibility. The idea that it is based in China, with several Chinese military equipment can also be verified by the J-90 fighter jet shown in one of the Battlefield 4 wallpaper images.
Sadly none of these can be proven at this point, but with the Battlefield 4 reveal tomorrow, we may have out answer's sooner rather than later! Let me know what you think of them by following me here and on twitter @NicholasGigante.