Two college coaches of new-to-the-Big Ten programs – Kerry McCoy and John Leonardis – along with mat legends Luke Eustice, Chris Perry and Rico Chiapparelli are among the guests slated to appear on Takedown Wrestling this Saturday, July 12, the weekly broadcast announced via email Thursday.
Join Scott Casber Tim Harms and Brad Johnson live this Saturday 9-11 a.m. Central and 10 a.m.-noon Eastern live on KXNO.com, TakedownRadio.com, and I HeartRadio.com.
Wrestling fans are invited to check out Takedown Wrestling’s Super Sunday Singlet giveaway, where you can win a singlet each Sunday of the year. Just follow Takedown Wrestling on Facebook at Facebook.com/TakedownWrestling and on Twitter at @Takedownradio.
The first guest on this week’s broadcast will be Luke Eustice, Hawkeye Wrestling Director of Operations, to talk about summer wrestling camps. At 9:15, Chris Perry takes the mic. The two-time NCAA champ for Oklahoma State just won a silver medal at 86 kilos/189 pounds at the 2014 University World Championships… followed at 9:35 by Troy Peterson, who will talk about this weekend’s induction ceremonies at the Tragos/Thesz Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame at the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum in Waterloo, Iowa.
Hour two opens with Kerry McCoy, all-time great Penn State and Olympic heavyweight who, as head coach at University of Maryland, is about to take his Terrapins into their first season in the Big Ten. At 10:20, John Leonardis, assistant coach at Rutgers, the other Eastern school that will be competing in the Big Ten… followed at 10:35 by Rico Chiapparelli, 1987 NCAA champ for the University of Iowa, who is now a wrestling/mixed martial arts instructor.
Fans, athletes, coaches: This is your sport. Join in the conversation, ask questions. Call 866-333-5966 or 515-204-5966.
Takedown Wrestling is available on radio on AM 1460 KXNO, on your computer, your Blackberry or I Phone with the I Heart Radio App. KXNO.com, Takedownradio.com, I Heart Radio App.
Takedown Wrestling’s guest list for July 12:
- 9:00: Luke Eustice, Hawkeye Wrestling Director of Operations
- 9:15: Chris Perry, Oklahoma State champ
- 9:35: Troy Peterson, Tragos/Thesz Pro Wrestling Hall at National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum
- 9:50: Joey Boyens, Max Muscle Sports Nutrition Update
- 10:00: Kerry McCoy, University of Maryland head coach, recent National Wrestling Hall of Fame Distinguished Member inductee
- 10:20: John Leonardis, assistant coach at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
- 10:35: Rico Chiapparelli, Iowa Hawkeye mat champ, now MMA/wrestling coach who’s worked with some of the all-time greats (including Randy Couture and Frank Trigg).
- 10:50: Amy Ruble, Wildrose Casino