On August 14, 2013, the FDA released a statement announcing a voluntary recall of Eukanuba dry dog food due to a salmonella contamination risk. The recall involves only dry dog food. At this time, Eukanuba canned dog foods are considered safe. The Eukanuba brand is manufactured by Proctor and Gamble.
The following Eukanuba dry dog foods are under recall:
- Eukanuba Dog Food Base, large breed adult in 15 and 30 lb. bags.
- Eukanuba Dog Food Base, maintenance mature adult 30 lb. bags.
- Eukanuba Dog Food Base, maintenance puppy in five, 16.5, and 33 lb. bags.
- Eukanuba Dog Food Base, small breed adult in four and 16 lb. bags.
- Eukanuba Dog Food Base, small breed puppy in four, 16, and 40 lb. bags.
- Eukanuba Dog Food Breed Specific Boxer adult, 36 lb. bags.
- Eukanuba Dog Food Breed Specific Chihuahua adult, four pound bags.
- Eukanuba Dog Food Breed Specific Labrador Retriever adult, 36 lb. bags.
- Eukanuba Dog Food Premium Performance, 30/20 adult, 33 lb. bags.
- Eukanuba Dog Food Professional Feeding Bag, small breed puppy, 44 lb. bags.
- Eukanuba Dog Food Weight Control, large breed adult, 30 lb. bags.
If you have a recalled product, stop using the food immediately and make sure that you remove any recalled food remaining in your dog’s food dish. Watch your dog to make sure that he does not develop loose stools or diarrhea, vomiting, or signs of digestive track distress. If you notice any symptoms or your pet looks sluggish and things do not seem right, talk to your vet immediately.
For more information about specific UPC codes and expiration dates on Eukanuba pet foods that are under recall, contact Eukanuba. Clip and save the code date and the UPC code from the bag and mail it along with your full name and mailing address to Eukanuba. You will receive a voucher for a replacement bag. If you have multiple bags, a cash register receipt is required. For questions contact Eukanuba by phone at 1-800-208-0172. Allow four to six weeks for your voucher to arrive.
Mail your items to:
8700 Mason-Montgomery Rd.
Mason, OH 45040
Lynda Altman loves animals and is “mom” to three rescued dogs; Izzy, Sophie, and Romeo. She is very concerned about pet health issues. Prior to the birth of her 4th child, Lynda owned an exotic pet business. Get notices when this page is updated by clicking on the subscribe link, by email, or contact Lynda @fusgeyer on Twitter.