Proving there's more to cruising than eating, drinking and sybaritic pleasures, Cunard Line is offering an outstanding roster of leading luminaries as part of the cruise line's enrichment program. Scheduled to appear on board the fleet are author Bill Bryson, business guru Lord Digby Jones and eminent Professor of Science and Society Lord Robert Winston. The trio will be among the featured speakers aboard Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth beginning this spring.
“The quality of our speaker program on board our ships is something which sets Cunard apart,” said Peter Shanks, president of Cunard Line. “We are delighted to welcome three such pre-eminent and internationally respected figures to our line-up for 2013 who will add an extra dimension to our passengers’ experience on board.”
Delving into a variety of compelling and relevant topics, Cunard Insights introduces guests to accomplished experts and visionaries who reflect the Line's legacy of adventure and prestige while sailing a luxury cruise vacation. Sail dates for these cutting-edge Cunard Insights speakers, as well as the voyage itineraries, are as follows:
- Lord Digby Jones joins the Queen Victoria for her 17-day Adriatic Explorer cruise on May 15 that sails from Southampton to Palermo for Sicily; Croatia; Venice; Dubrovnik; Corfu; Messina for Sicily; Valencia, Spain; Southampton. Fares start from $3,074 per person (including government fees and taxes), plus save $500 per person off airfare when booked by 31 March 2013.
- Lord Robert Winston speaks on the 14-day Queen Elizabeth's Norwegian Fjords and North Cape Explorer cruise on May 26 that sails from Southampton to Stavanger, Flaam, Alesund, Trondheim, Honningsvag for North Cape, Tromso, Geiranger, Bergen, Southampton. Fares start from $2,616 per person (including government fees and taxes), plus save $500 per person off Airfare when booked by 31 March 2013.
- Bill Bryson will be on board the Queen Mary 2 for the 12-day Autumn Colors cruise on October that sails from New York to Newport, Rhode Island; Boston; Bar Harbor, Maine; St John, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Québéc (overnight stay); New York. Fares start from $1,999 per person.
All fares quoted are per person, based on double occupancy.
Bryson, Lord Jones and Lord Winston complement the array of speakers lined up for Cunard’s current four-month World Voyages, who include:
- Queen Mary 2 – journalist and war correspondent Martin Bell; ex-Formula 1 driver Sir Jackie Stewart; former Chief of the General Staff General Dannatt; and “Human Planet” BBC documentary producer Dale Templar
- Queen Elizabeth – Roger McGuinn, lead singer of The Byrds; Royal commentator Jennie Bond; former ambassador and high commissioner Sir Alan Collins; and polar explorer Felicity Ashton
- Queen Victoria – former politician and broadcaster Edwina Currie; author and “queen of cakes” Jane Asher; and cartoonist Gerald Scarfe
The 2013 Cunard Insights speakers continues Cunard's legacy of welcoming world-famous guests and experts on board that has included Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Buzz Aldrin, James Taylor, Jean Chatzky, Tina Brown, Baz Luhrmann, Rona Barrett and E.L. Doctorow.
For more information about Cunard Insights or to book a voyage aboard Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth, consult a travel agent, call Cunard toll-free at 1-800-728-6273 or go to www.cunard.com.