Today we are going to learn about some essential oil uses for beauty and aromatherapy. Let's start with:
- • Make a natural facial scrub by mixing 1/4 cup plain yogurt and 1/4 cup cornmeal with five drops each of patchouli, grapefruit and lavender oils. Refrigerate for an hour before use. Store leftovers in fridge.
- • A great skin toner is eight ounces of purified water mixed with two drops lavender oil and one drop each of palmerosa and rosewood oils in clean bottle Shake before each use and apply with cotton ball after cleansing face.
- • To strengthen nails, mix ten drops each of lemon, frankincense and myrrh oils to two tablespoons vitamin E oil and store in dark colored bottle. Massage cuticles with mixture once a week.
- • For a DIY perfume mix 25 drops of your favorite essential oil to one ounce perfume alcohol vodka. Let it sit for two weeks before using and use as a spray.
- • Hot oil conditioner for dry hair – take two tablespoons of jojoba oil and mix in 15 drops of rosewood and five drops each of sandlewood, geranium and lavender. Place in plastic bag and warm in hot water. Apply to hair and wrap hair in a towel. Let sit for 20 minutes and wash as usual.
- • One to two drops of rosemary or carrot oil added to your brush before brushing promotes growth and thickness.
- • If you have oily hair try this mixture. Blend four tablespoons of grapeseed oil with 18 drops each of ylang ylang, lime and rosemary oils. Mix and apply one teaspoon hair and scalp. Massage in and leave on for several hours or overnight. Wash as normal and use two to three times a week.
- • For hair loss mix two ounces jojoba oil with three drops each of rosemary, cedarwood and lavender in clean container and shake well. Massage on your scalp and hair for five minutes, let sit for one hour and was as usual.Can be used one to two times per week.
- • Bath salts can be made by mixing one cup each of sea salt, Epsom salt, baking soda and 20 to 25 drops of your favorite essential oil.
Enjoy ~ Lady Bastet