The popular ESPN anchor suffered second and first-degree burns to her chest, hands, face and neck in a propane gas grill accident, but that didn't keep her from hosting the Rose Parade on ABC on New Year's Day.
According to ABC.com, Storm's gas grill exploded while she was cooking a few weeks ago, on December 11. She suffered second-degree burns to her chest and hands, first-degree burns to her face and neck and lost her eyebrows and much of her hair. When Storm realized the flame on the grill had gone out, she turned the gas off, and then on again. As she did, "There was an explosion and a wall of fire came at me," she says.
There can still be a good amount of gas lingering in the air around the grill when the flame doesn't ignite entirely and gas is still escaping. It can be worse in the cold weather.
Storm's left hand is bandaged, preventing her from taking notes since she is left-handed. She said she wore hair extensions on the air, but other than that, viewers saw few changes from the way she looked a month ago. She has said that showering and dressing are challenging.
To hear Storm tell her story and see video click here.