In 2014, ESPN and ESPN2 will once again bring the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series to the fans across the country.
Dave Reiff and Mike Dunn return to the broadcast booth to bring the sights, sounds and stories to viewers during race weekend. Reiff, a part of the ESPN coverage since 2001, begins his second season as anchor, while Dunn, a former NHRA Top Fuel driver, brings 13 years as a color analyst for the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series to the screen. Gary Gerould, John Kernan and Jamie Howe will return as pit reporters filing trackside news items.
ESPN will dedicate more than 115 hours of original programming to the 2014 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, the world’s quickest, fastest, and most intense motorsport, on a same-day basis. The Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis, August 27th through September 1st, will feature 11 hours of coverage, including complete coverage of final eliminations on Monday, September 1st.
Television schedule for the first three events of the 2014 season:
Circle K NHRA Winternationals –
· ESPN2 – Qualifying, 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. ET, Saturday, February 8th
· ESPN – Eliminations, 8 to 11 p.m. ET, Sunday, February 9th
CARQUEST Auto Parts NHRA Nationals –
· ESPN2 – Qualifying, 2 to 3:30 a.m. ET, Sunday, February 23rd (re-air – 8 to 9 a.m. ET, Sunday, February 23rd)
· ESPN2 – Eliminations, 8 to 11 p.m. ET, Sunday, February 23rd
Amalie Oil NHRA Gatornationals –
· ESPN2 – Qualifying, 1 to 3 a.m. ET, Sunday, March 16th (re-air, 7:30 to 9 a.m. ET, Sunday, March 16th)
· ESPN2 – Eliminations, 7 to 9 p.m. ET, Sunday, March 17th
Keep up with the off-season at www.nhra.com.
Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:
Follow Paula on:
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com