The Fall 2014 Erin Fetherston collection was inspired by charm schools in the mid-century, the Barbizon Hotel but interpreted with a polished, modern edge.
To play with the charm school theme of the collection, manicurist MISS POP for KISS Products, Inc. created a blush pink nail with an elegant twist. “I refined the half moon – a nail art trend started by flappers, into a more delicate stroke,” says MISS POP. “Then, I added a hand painted monogramed E using KISS Nail Artist Paint, alternating between white and black.” The look is ultra-feminine and sweet – yet chic enough for the runway.
MISS POP’s step-by-step on how-to create the look:
Prep and Polish:
- Prep and polish natural nails using KISS Professional Manicure Kit
- Using the KISS 100-Count Nail Covers in Active Oval, select the correct size that fits natural nails
- Paint two coats of Ruby Kisses light pink polish on the KISS 100-Count Nail Covers
- Allow a few minutes to dry before applying nail art
- With KISS Nail Artist Paints in both black and white shades, swipe small half circles at the cuticle, in the center of your nail *tip: can use KISS Nail Artist stencils to create mini moon
- Create the mini moons on only four fingers – ring finger will remain!
Monogram Cocktail Nail
- Using the KISS Nail Artist Paint in black or white shade, paint on a delicate, cursive E for Erin (Fetherston) or your own initials. *make sure to use a small amount of polish for a more precise, thinner monogram
- Be sure to add extra curls for flare
- Allow a few minutes for the design to set before applying KISS Top Coat Trip in Gloss to seat and leave a long-lasting shine