Healthy Child, Healthy World’s Summer Luncheon is an annual educational fundraising event -- promoting a world in which every child has the opportunity to grow up in a healthy and safe environment. This year’s luncheon was held at a private residence in the Hamptons, and featured an intimate conversation about food and its effects on our bodies and minds.
Attendees were also able to shop the stylish products of vendors who donated a portion of the day’s sales to Healthy Child. Vendors included ASH + AMES, Beautycounter, Coming Soon, Lafayette 148 New York, love-jewelry, MGEMS, Sakara Life, The Styleliner & Mignot St. Barths.
Hosted by Erica Reid (author of The Thriving Child) at her home in Sagaponack, the Luncheon welcomed 160 parents and influencers. Guests included Kelly Rutherford, Carolyn Murphy, Catherine McCord, Noelle Beck, Liza Huber, Denise Albert and Samantha Ettus.
A keynote address by given by Dr. Mark Hyman of The UltraWellness Center. Dr. Hyman is a family physician, an eight-time #1 New York Times bestselling author and an international leader in his field. Joining Dr. Hyman for a panel discussion were Chef Bun Lai and Ashley Koff, R.D, moderated by Samantha Ettus.
Top tips from the event include:
· Cut all liquid sugars from your diet
· It’s ok to “bend the rules” when eating out, but make your home a safe zone for food
· Choose organic for the foods you consume most often
· Give your body food it recognizes – natural, whole food vs. “chemistry projects”
· Avoid GMOs whenever possible.
· Get everyone in the household involved in the food selection and preparation process.
Learn more about this organization and to see how you can get involved visit their site at healthychild.org