Very impressive.... Climb out at 3,000 feet per minute, fully loaded, quickly and efficiently reaching altitudes you may not have flown through before. Level off at a maximum authorized ceiling of 34,000 feet. Stretch as you relax in the spacious cockpit, surveying an instrument panel more reminiscent of a Lexus than an aircraft. The ergonomically–designed flight deck consolidates pilot workflow and data management, returning aviation to what it should be: intuitive, engaging and fun. With a range of over 1600 nautical miles carrying a payload of 1120 pounds fully-fueled, your destination options are endless, especially given Epic’s superior slow-speed handling and short-field performance. Imagine the possibilities…
The turboprop engine makes it happen: The powerful 1200 HP Pratt & Whitney PT6-67A engine placed on the aerodynamic airframe of the E1000 delivers true ‘jet-class’ performance. The remarkable strength of carbon fiber composite technology allows for optimal speed and durability. The result: an airframe that seamlessly moves through the air, allowing the E1000 to travel at 325 KTAS— faster than any single-engine turboprop on the market – and rivaling the performance and speed of most VLJs.
Combining the best features: The passionate engineers at Epic are dedicated to revolutionizing the way we fly. From the drawing board to the production floor, Epic continues to refine the rules of modern aviation, combining turbine power, composite technology, advanced avionics and first-class luxury, packaged in a sleek and elegant airframe. No other aircraft in its class fully optimizes the benefits of carbon fiber: stronger, lighter material, requiring fewer parts with a streamlined, efficient production process translates into a lower purchase price and lower cost of ownership for customers. That’s innovation you can bank on!
Extremely elegant design: Sleek and statuesque, the Epic stands tall, accentuating her clean, elegant, and graceful lines. The visionary designers who devised her industry-leading speed and performance have also elevated the standard in cabin-class sophistication and ramp appeal. Stepping inside, you appreciate the generous headroom and sense of spaciousness. The overstuffed leather seats allow you to enjoy the exaggerated legroom and luxury amenities, including wood accents, custom cabinetry, drink holders, headset jacks, USB power-ports, air vents and reading lights. Once airborne, the technologically-advanced sound proofing makes the cabin whisper quiet. Epic – putting first-class back into cabin-class.
Some of of the features the manufacturers points out:
- High Strength-to-Weight Ratio
- Visually Attractive
- Fewer Parts Count
- Improved Aerodynamics
- Better Fatigue Life
- Superior Wear Resistance
- Better Acoustics
- Corrosion Resistant
- Improved Insulating Properties
In contrast to some conventional designs, Epic uses advanced carbon fiber composite material in the construction of its entire E1000 airframe. The superior strength-to-weight ratio and ability to mold complex curves and shapes make composites ideal for producing aerodynamic forms, such as sports cars, boats, and aircraft, including the industry’s fastest single-engine turboprop, the Epic E1000.
Unusual design features of the E1000:
- Trailing link landing gear, typically found on jets and large piston twins, allows for a lower aircraft stance and provides more latitude in the case of hard landings or rough runway situations.
- The Parker (Cleveland Wheels and Brakes) piston-actuated, hydraulic-operated single disc brakes allow for smoother slowing and superior stopping ability, as well as easier ground handling while taxiing.
- The nose gear utilizes a straight nose oleo strut that provides ample shock absorption and superior steering, making tight turns on crowded ramps a breeze.
- The control system combines cable, bell crank and push-pull rod systems, ensuring a positive, stable, controlled aircraft with smooth inputs throughout the flight envelope.
- The Enviro-systems® pressurization and Kollsman® out flow solutions are industry-leading, technologically-advanced environmental systems for cabin-class aircraft. In addition, the E1000 offers a fully-functional, ground-operable air conditioning system.
Cockpit of the future? The ergonomically designed all-glass cockpit includes the latest in advanced avionics, providing state-of-the-art situational awareness that rivals equipment found on larger corporate jets. Custom avionics, including the latest in synthetic vision displays, GPS and integrated auto-pilots, are all incorporated into the Epic E1000. Vital traffic, weather, terrain and engine monitoring systems come standard:
- 3-Screen Garmin G950, Synthetic Vision, Engine & Airframe Interface, Weather Traffic ADSB
- Garmin GTS 825 Traffic Avoidance System (TAS)
- STEC 2100 Autopilot
- Digital Backup Instruments (MD302 Standby Attitude Module)
- XM Weather (first-year subscription included)
- Jeppesen Unlock Card
- Optional Radar, Iridium GSR56 Transceiver, GRA 5500 Radar Altimeter