Throughout history we have seen how entertainment has had an impact on each generation. This impact was increased with the advent of mass marketing for toys, movies, broadcast media and music. For builders / traditionalists it was homemade toys and radio. Baby boomers are shaped by the move to television and widely marketed manufactured toys. Along came Generation X and the shift to shorter segments on children’s programming. Then Generation Y experienced a shift to technology toys.
As for Millennials, there has been an increase in the number of entertainment venues available through cable television and their toys have become highly technical.
Of course the millennial generation is still being shaped and developed. Here are some items that are expected to help shape this generation and how it will act and react to situations in encounters.
- Scoreless athletics
- Apple Computer
- Pod casts
- Virtual reality
- Techno remix
©2014 Max Impact, used with permission.
Learn more about today’s generations:
- Builders / Traditionalists, also known as the greatest generation, born before 1944
- Baby boomers, sometimes relabeled the sandwich generation, born between 1943 and 1964
- Generation X, born between 1961 and 1980
- Generation Y, sometimes referred to as the millennial generation, born between 1977 and 2000
- Millennials, sometimes referred to as generation Z, born after 1998
- “Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace”
- “Because I Said So! ”: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids.
- “When Generations Collide”: Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work.
- More books about generations.
- For viewing: Thousands of vintage old television program and classic movies at Amazon Prime. Get a free trail