Since the beginning of mass merchandising and mass media the field of entertainment has played an important role in shaping our generations. With the globalization of the entertainment industry by Hollywood and toy manufacturers the characteristics they have instilled upon generation Y have had an impact on the generation across the world.
Generation Y entertainment started to become less physical and more mental as video games evolved. Traditional rock ‘n roll subsided as alternative music became mainstream.
Here are just some of the key entertainment that had an impact on this generation:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Video games
- Beanie Babies
- The X Games
- Alternative Rap
- Cable television
- Home computers
- Spice Girls
- Backstreet Boys
- Puff Daddy
©2014 Max Impact, used with permission.
Learn more about today’s generations:
- Builders / Traditionalists, also known as the greatest generation, born before 1944
- Baby boomers, sometimes relabeled the sandwich generation, born between 1943 and 1964
- Generation X, born between 1961 and 1980
- Generation Y, sometimes referred to as the millennial generation, born between 1977 and 2000
- Millennials, sometimes referred to as generation Z, born after 1998
- “Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace”
- “Because I Said So! ”: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids.
- “When Generations Collide”: Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work.
- More books about generations.
- For viewing: Thousands of vintage old television program and classic movies at Amazon Prime. Get a free trail