The Heartland Men’s Chorus small ensemble, The Heartaches, take the stage at Missy B’s, 805 W. 39th, on Friday at 8:30 p.m. The show is free and the ensemble will be offering a cabaret-style performance. The group will sing songs from Broadway, the Beatles and more.
The Mo-Kan Cat Club's Spring Cat Show will be held at the Kansas City College and Bible School at 7020 W. 74 Street in Overland Park. The show will be begin at 9 a.m. and close at 5 p.m. on Saturday. The show will feature 30 to 35 breeds of pure-bred cats and will include six rings for judging. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $5.00 each.
The Heartland Men’s Chorus and Dean’s Gallery present Nazi Persecution of Homosexuals 1933-1945 at the gallery located at the Miller Nichols Library at UMKC. The exhibit is in conjunction with the Heartland’s “Falling in Love Again”. The exhibit is on loan from the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C. and will be open to the public through April 10. “Falling in Love Again” will be performed on Mar. 23 and 24 at the Folly Theater.
Live theatre March 8 to March 10:
- American Heartland Theatre: Crown Center, “Life Could Be A Dream”, closes April 21.
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “9 to 5”, closes Mar 10.
- Coterie Theatre: Crown Center, “Tell-Tale Electric Poe”, closes Mar 9.
- Coterie Theatre Pop Culture Series: Crown Center, “Slashdance!”, closes March 24.
- KC Repertory Theatre: Spencer Theatre, “Carousel”, closes March 31.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “For Colored Girls That Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Is Enuf”, closes Mar. 10.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “Sh-Boom Sh-Boom, The Doo-Wop Songs of the 1950’s”, closes Mar. 24.
- Studio 116: 4949 Cherry, “Eat This! KC Chews on the Politics of Food”, closes March 10.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Good People”, closes March 24.
Music Friday March 8:
- Aftershock Bar & Grill: 5240 Merriam Dr., Merriam, Slam Radio Presents: Among the Demons.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, Bryant Scott Benefit Show with Moire, David Hasselhoff on Acid, The Uncouth, The Summit, Band 13, Robert Paulson.
- Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club: 3402 Main, Loaded Goat, Shivering Timbers, Crybaby Ranch.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., The Rent.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport Rd., The Doo Dads at 6 p.m. Cherokee Rock Rifle, Bad Ideas, Appropriate Grammar at 10 p.m.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, The Sluts, The Devil, Up The Academy, Til Willis.
- Uptown Arts Bar: 3611 Broadway, MidCoast Fundraiser Take Over Show.
Music Saturday March 2:
- Aftershock Bar and Grill: 5240 Merriam Dr., Merriam, Loud and Local 5 with the Vegas.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, E/C Presents: We Are Voices, Not A Planet, Me Like Bees, State & Madison.
- Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club: 3402 Main, Your Favorite Hero, More Than Money.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., Wonderfuzz.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport, Wires CD Release Party at 7 p.m. Soft Reeds, Noise FM, Gentlemen Savage, Andrea Perdue at 10 p.m.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Gornography, At The Left Hand Of God, Marasmus, In The Shadow.
- Uptown Arts Bar: 3611 Broadway, Arabian Nights – Bellydance Show 8 to 10 p.m. Quirk and Ruckus Show at 10:30 p.m.