If pirate fests and medieval faires don’t blow your dress up, there’s plenty more to do in Greater Jacksonville.
Please be advised: Some events require a little driving.
Happy gas money.
- 3rd Annual Fight for Veterans – Sat., Jan. 26, 6:30 p.m. University of North Florida UNF Arena, 11852 University of North Fl Dr, Jacksonville, FL, 32224. The Fight for Veterans is one of the largest amateur fight cards in the country. Over 12 bouts of exciting amateur MMA, Muay Thai and kickboxing fights. Fighters from all over the southeastern region compete to become this year’s First Coast Champion. UFC & Bellator pro scouts in attendance. 100% of proceeds go back to Work Vessels for Veterans and Veterans Farm.
- 3rd Annual Family Sportsmen Fest – Jan. 26, 9 a m. 1 p.m. Triest Family Farm, 1877 SE 87th Street, Starke, Fla. (Theressa, Fla.) Admission: FREE & open to the public. Family fun for all. Bring your lawn chairs and join us for skeet shoot, BB-gun shoot, archery, golf, pony rides, bounce slides and more. PLEASE DO NOT bring your own firearms. Contact: Charles Blackwell at email@example.com. www.facebook.com/pages/Family-Sportsmen-Fest-2013/256804284374804
- 27th Annual Hoggetowne Medieval Faire – Jan. 26-27, Feb. 1-3, Alachua County Fairgrounds Gainesville, Fla.
- 28th Annual Orange City Blue Spring Manatee Festival – Orange City, Fla., Jan. 26-27
- Amelia Island Restaurant Week – Fernandina Beach, Fla., through Jan. 27
- Gasparilla Pirate Fest – Happening to Tampa since 1904, Sat., Jan. 26
- Secrets of the Saltmarsh: Guided Kayak Tour – Sat., Jan. 26, 11 a.m. Gamble Rogers Memorial State Recreation Area at Flagler Beach, 3100 S. Oceanshore Blvd., Flagler Beach, Fla. Admission: $25. All ages and skill levels welcome. Reservations required. Call 386-517-2086.
- Winter Concert Performance by Community Chorus of Palm Coast – Fri., Jan. 25, 7:00 p.m. Trinity Presbyterian Church, 156 N. Florida Park Dr., Palm Coast, Fla. Admission: FREE & open to the public, donations welcome. Traditional music including pop, gospel, folk and jazz by the 53-member chorus. For more information, call 386-569-8657.
©2013 All rights reserved.
OFFICIAL BIO: K Truitt is a second-generation, native Floridian born in Jacksonville. Truitt worked in public higher education for 25 years, most recently in Texas, is a successful grant writer, knows newspaper publishing, printing and graphic design and wants to work in the public sector. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org