A delicious treat for your family and friends to enjoy when you entertain is preparing a bowl of spinach dip. Most dip recipes pack on the fat with heavy daily products. Here you’ll find a spinach dip that is not only low in fat but is also lactose-free. This is a great little recipe that will make everyone happy and easy to prepare. No one will feel like they were left out from enjoying this healthy tasting creamy spinach dip.
- 1 (10 ounce) package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup of Lactaid low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1/3 cup of reduced fat/calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of horseradish
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the spinach over a colander and squeeze it to remove the excess moisture.
- In a mixing bowl or blender combine all the ingredients except of the salt and pepper.
- Once the spinach dip is blended until smooth or the consistency you prefer season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place spinach dip on a bread bowl or glass serving dish and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve spinach dip with rye bread slices.
- Surround your spinach dip with raw vegetables.
- Use some of the left-over spinach dip the day after as a delicious topping for a baked potato.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: