The Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Nevada is holding its 3rd annual photo contest by seeking photos that highlight your adventures and activities on public lands and historic sites on BLM Nevada lands. Winning photos will be featured in a BLM Nevada 2015 planner. The pictures could also be on the BLM Nevada website, social media sites, and possibly on BLM's national social media sites.
Photographs must have been taken between January 1, 2012 and September 31, 2014. Photos must be taken on the lands or within the facilities of the Bureau of Land Management in Nevada. Entries will be accepted from June 1 to August 31, 2014. Winners will be announced on October 31, 2014.
Submit photos by email to email@example.com. Pictures must be taken by the person making the submission. For more submission details, visit the official Photo Contest website.
Here are the categories...
- Adventure & Outdoor Recreation - Share photos of your favorite activities and adventures on BLM lands across Nevada – camping, hiking, biking, boating, fishing, kayaking, skiing, climbing, riding, etc.
- Historical & Cultural - Inspire with images depicting historical locations and cultural events – from national historical sites and monuments to cultural celebrations on federal lands.
- Scenic, Seasons & Landscapes - Capture scenic vistas and sweeping landscapes - fall foliage, forests, winter wonderlands, flowers, mountains, deserts, canyons, lakes, beaches, rivers, and more.
- Wildlife - Take a walk on the wild side with photos of wildlife on BLM lands – mammals, birds, insects, reptiles.
- Night Skies - Capture the magic of a night out under the stars.
- Employee - Special category for BLM employees.