There are lots of recipes that specifically request that Mexican chocolate be added in the list of ingredients. Lots of times purchasing this type of chocolate can’t be found in your local grocery store. Many stores do have an international aisle where specialty items from various counties can be obtained. Without making an extra trip to the market for one item it is easy to create your own version of Mexican chocolate and enjoy the sweetness of its homemade taste with a few ingredients and very little time preparing this aromatic chocolate confection.
- 3 ounces of semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of almond or vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan under a low flame until smooth.
- Cool chocolate slightly before applying to dessert confections for easy spreading.
- For recipes that request unsweetened Mexican chocolate omit the sugar.
- Recipe makes approximately 3 ounces of chocolate. Double recipe for desired amount of chocolate needed.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: