Butter pecan is a flavor we all relate to ice cream. The buttery toffee taste is irresistible to pass up. Sometimes that flavor is one we have been craving for but don’t want to indulge in a bowl of ice cream or maybe it is just the wrong time for a frozen and creamy dessert. Now you can have that taste any time of the day or evening and snack on a full flavored muffin that is infused with the flavor we love and enjoy known as butter pecan.
- 1 ½ cups of self-rising flour
- 1 cup of chopped pecans ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of butter pecan extract
- Preheat the oven to 400’.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans together and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl mix together the egg, milk butter and extracts.
- Transfer the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredient mixing bowl and stir until all the ingredients are completely moistened.
- Place muffin liners in muffin pan and spoon the batter mixture into each muffin cup two-thirds full.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown and check with an inserted toothpick to ensure the center of the muffins are fully baked.
- Remove from oven and set aside for five minutes.
- Then transfer the muffins to a rack to cool completely.
- Once cool place muffins on a serving platter.
- Store left-over muffins in an air-tight container.
- Muffins keep for 3-5 days.
- Recipe yields approximately 10 -12 muffins.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: