It is that time again when the evenings are filled with music in the parks in Orange County. Check out the list and see which is closest to you, then mark your calendar, gather your beach chairs, light sweaters, dark classes, and maybe a picnic basket, or at least your favorite beverages, and come enjoy the summer nights in the cities and towns of Orange County.
Many of these concerts began in June, but there are still lots more evenings to enjoy both the music and the sunsets.
1. Summer Concerts in City Hall Park, 401 S. Brea Blvd, Brea.
Phone: (714) 990-7722 for information
Each week there will be a new group on the outdoor gazebo stage in City Hall Park for the free Wednesday evening performances that start at 6:30 p.m. The music complements your picnic on the lawn, bring your own or purchase one of the tri-tip sandwiches, cold drinks and snacks on sale.
The free concerts began on July 9 but there are more taking place on Wed from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. -
July 23: The Doo-Wah Riders – Classic Country
July 30: House Party – Pop, Disco & Classic Rock
August 6: CHICO, the Band -- Latin Jazz, Salsa, Oldies, Rock
August 13: Sligo Rags – Celtic Blue Grass
August 20: Swing Cats –Big Band & Swing
2. The free Buena Park Downtown Concerts are held at 8308 On The Mall, Buena Park, every Wednesday from 7 p.m.- 9 p.m.
July 23 - SCOT BRUCE AS THE KING A Tribute to Elvis
July 30 - TINA MICHELLE and the Rhinestone Cowboys
August 6 - SURFIN' The Real Beach Boys Tribute
August 13 - PAPERBACK WRITER The Beatles Experience
August 20 - MOONSVILLE COLLECTIVE Folk String Band
August 27 - BOOGALOO ASSASSINS Latin/Soul Style
For additional information call (714) 828-772
3. The City of Cypress "Concerts on the Green" take place every Saturday beginning at 6 p.m., at Cypress Civic Center Green, 5275 Orange Ave.. Cypress. Phone - (714) 229-6780
These free concerts are put on by the Cypress Recreational & Community Service Department.
Aug. 2 - Kulayd; Aug. 9 - Mike Henebry Orchestra; Aug. 16 - Yard Sale; Aug. 23 - Neil Diamond Tribute; Aug. 30 - Neon Nation.
Light refreshments are on sale or you can bring your own, but remember no alcohol or smoking..
4. The free summer concert series in Dana Point will be held at two different locations on Sundays from 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. The concerts are sponsored by the City of Dana Point. Refreshments will be sold by various vendors and there will be free shuttle services from the Dana Hills High School parking lot to the Sea Terrace Park concert area, at Pacific Coast Highway & Niguel Road behind the library -
July 27 - DC Babylon & The Hanging Gardens Band; Sea Terrace
Aug 3 - Fabulous Ultra Tones; Sea Terrace Park
Aug 10 - Badd Co (tribute) & Led Zepagain, Sea Terrace Park
Two more concerts will be held at Heritage Park, 34400 Old Golden Lantern
Aug 17 - Derek Bourdeaux, Abba Fab, Heritage Park
Aug 24 - Midnight Whiskey & Springsteen Tribute, Heritage Park
5. The remaining free summer concert series in Garden Grove will take place at Eastgate Park, 12001 St Mark St, Phone (714) 741-5280.
These free concerts are put on by the Garden Grove Community Foundation and take place on Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
July 24 - Wanted (Bon Jovi Tribute Band)
July 31 - Brad Johnson & The Killing Time Band (Country)
August 7 - The Beatles (50s & 60s)
August 14 (7:00 p.m. start) - The Answer (Classic Rock)
6. The City of Irvine will host the remaining sizzling summer concerts at the Mike Ward Community Park in Woodbridge, 20 Lake Road; Phone (949) 724-6606. All concerts will be from 5:30 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, July 27 - Symphony in the Cities, a free outdoor concert by Pacific Symphony, led by Sunday, August 3 - Sensation Show Band, includes disco to rock, swing to pop,
Sunday, August 17 - Stone Soul entertains with their spot-on covers of Soul and Motown Sunday, August 24 - Kelly Rae Band plays a wide range of Country chart-topping favorites
Remember your lawn chairs, picnic baskets, light sweaters and dancing shoes for an evening of great music. Gourmet trucks will be onsite for those who refer to buy.
7. Laguna Niguel will be holding the rest of their free summer concerts on Friday nights from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at the Crown Valley Community Park Amphitheatre, 29751 Crown Valley Parkway. A free shuttle service will operate from the City Hall, 30111 Crown Valley Parkway to the concert site.
July 25 - Hollywood U2, U2 tribute
Aug 8 - The Answer, classic rock
Aug 33 - Tommy Tassi & the Authentics, 50's & 50's rock
Food trucks will be there for those who prefer to buy rather than bring their own, but you need to bring your own lawn chairs
8. The 2014 concerts in the Park take place in Orange in Hart Park Band Shell, just off the 22 Freway and Glassell St. The concerts will be on Wed. from 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. on the following dates -
July 23: Cold Duck, R & B Dance Favorites
July 30: Tom Nolan Band, R & B and Soul
August 6: Swing Cats, Big Band Big Band Swing Orchestra
August 13: Stone Soul, Motown and Soul
Bring your own picnic basket or purchase from the local non-profit group who will be selling refreshments. No pets or alcohol please. For more information call (714) 744-5599
9. Seal Beach at the foot of the, pier in Eisenhower Park, is the setting for the free concerts being put on by the Seal Beach Chamber, on Wednesdays from 6 - 8 p.m. The remaining series are -
July 23 - Tini Grey
July 30 - L.A. Vation- tribute to U2
August 6 - Jack Roberts Harvey Bandy the Seal Beach Chamber
August 13 - Lukas Nelson
August 20 - Aloha Radio
August 27 - Elm Street Band
10. San Clemente's free summer beach concerts take place at the beach near the San Clemente Pier, at 6 p.m. This includes the opportunity to see a fabulous sunset over the ocean while enjoying the music The remaining dates are -
July 31: Kenny Cetera/Tribute to Chicago
August 14: DSB Band/Tribute to Journey
August 28: Common Sense/Reggae
Remember to bring something warm to wear as the evenings can be cool near the water, and something to sit on. More information can be had from the recreation department (949) 361-8264.