When you think of work, what is the very first thing that comes to mind? Boring, tedious, monotonous or excruciatingly painful? Or are you lucky enough to have a job you actually enjoy and look forward to? No matter what you do for a living, today is the day to have a little fun on the job. It's Fun at Work Day!
While the origins of this "holiday" are unknown, Fun at Work Day is observed on various days in January, depending on the source. National Fun at Work Day is celebrated on the last Friday in January and International Fun at Work Day is observed on April 1st. No 'foolin'!
Since we spend a good portion of our lives at work, why not try to enjoy it?
How to Celebrate Fun at Work Day
- Wear something to work that will make everyone chuckle!
- Switch offices or desks for the day.
- Do something silly every hour, on the hour.
- Organize a potluck lunch at the office. And while you are at it, why not have a potluck lunch every month?
- Have a gift exchange with only gag gifts. Just make sure they are appropriate for the office and your co-workers.
- Watch the popular 1980 film "9 to 5" and/or a few episodes of "The Office."
- Invite your co-workers out for a few drinks after work.
Please check with your supervisor before engaging in any "fun" at work!