This egg drop soup recipe tastes as good as what you'd find in a Chinese restaurant and makes a great lunch option for various diet plans, including the Dukan Diet. It's quick and easy to make and requires ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 eggs
- chives or green onions to sprinkle on top of soup, optional
- Add pepper, ginger and salt to chicken broth and bring to boil over high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together using a fork. Drizzle the egg into the boiling broth and cook for about a minute, then remove from heat.
- If desired, sprinkle with bottled chives or fresh, chopped green onions before serving.
Rather than buying cans of chicken broth, I find it more convenient and economical to buy tubs of chicken base from BJ's and add it to water to make my own chicken stock.