Destinations across the Golden State are uncorking bottles and celebrating this September the eighth consecutive California Wine Month. From wine tastings, food and wine events, harvest tours, grape stomping, wine festivals and hands-on wine immersion experiences. There are more than 75 fun ways to celebrate throughout California’s diverse wine making regions.
- OysterFest 2012 Saturday: September 15, 2012 12:00 - 3:00 pm Location: Water Bar & Epic Roasthouse, 300 The Embarcadero South San Francisco, CA 94105. Contact: Julie Ring, 415-284-9922 Cost: $50 Register at: http://www.waterbarsf.com/html/oysterFest2012.html. A celebration of healthy oceans and oysters served alongside the best Napa Valley white and sparkling wines. Enjoy a beautiful day on the patio with music and fun including a hot sauce competition, shucking challenge and slurping in style. This event is a fundraiser for the Surfrider Foundation.
- Clif Family Harvest Party: Saturday, September 15, 2012 4:00pm - 9:00 pm Location: The Clif Family Farm, 1545 Ink Grade Rd, Pope Valley, CA Contact: Efrain Barragan, 707 968-0625 Cost: $50 per person and $25 for wine club members. Join Gary Erickson & Kit Crawford for an afternoon of Local Food, Wine, Music & Art. Wine Tastings, Farm Tours, Food & Wine Pairings, Local Artisans and Live Music. A portion of the proceeds from this event will support our partner, CAFF (Community Alliance with Family Farmers).
- Parallel Napa Valley Harvest Party: Saturday, September 15, 2012 5:00pm - 9:00pm Location: Parallel Napa Valley, Calistoga, CA 94515 Contact: Lindsay Faith Weinhold 707-486-1100 firstname.lastname@example.org Cost: $70; $35 for Black Diamond Members, Complimentary for Double Black Diamonds. Parallel Napa Valley wants will be celebrating the 2012 Harvest a decade after their first harvest. A great evening of food, wines, music and more merry memories to be made with the Parallel Team.
- Flavors of Fall: September 15, 2012, 11:00am - 3:30pm Location: Korbel Champagne Cellars 13250 River Road, Guerneville, 95446 Contact: Sam Schlabach 707-824-7000, www.korbel.com Cost: $15.00 admission includes a logo glass, $10.00 for Champagne Club Members. Champagne, Wine and Food Pairing. Special tram tours of the Vineyards and Crushing Facilities. Special discounts throughout the Wine Shop.
- Downtown Lodi’s Passport Weekend: September 15, 2012 11:00am - 6:00 pm Location: Downtown Tasting Rooms, Lodi, CA, 95240 Contact:http://www.lodiroadtrip.com/purchase-passport/ Cost: $15 In celebration of California Wine Month, Lodi vintners invite you to embark on a Road Trip and experience the best that Lodi Wine Country has to offer! Travel from winery to winery while taking in each of the winery’s engaging and unique activities such as vineyard hay rides or bicycle tours, port blending, cooking & cheese-making classes, grape stomps & bottling demonstrations, and winemaker dinners under the stars. Passport is valid from September 1st through October 6th, 2012. All special offers and/or discounts listed in the Passport apply only throughout the dates of the LoCA Road Trip (9/1 – 10/6/2012).
- Reds, Whites & Blues with Kyle Rowland Band!: September 15, 2012 5pm - 9pm Location: Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi 5950 E. Woodbridge Rd, Acampo, 95220 Contact: Larry Pilmaier at 209-365-8139, email@example.com www.woodbridgewines.com Cost: $35 public/$20 wine club The hottest Blues Band this side of the Big Easy! Kyle Rowland is a 19 year old harmonica prodigy and his band is composed of veteran Blues musicians from around the world. Your 1st glass of wine, dinner and the concert is only $35 for the general public, $20 for Wine Club.
- 3rd Annual CRUSH - Temecula Valley’s Wine & Culinary Showcase: September 15, 2012, 6:30pm - 9:30pm Location: Callaway Winery, Sponsored by the Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association, 32720 Rancho California Road, Temecula, 92591 Contact: Peggy Evans at 800-801-9463, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.temeculawines.org/events Cost: $75 per person Join winery owners, winemakers and growers of the Temecula Valley as they celebrate California Wine Month. CRUSH showcases Southern California's wine country and culinary stylings in one stellar location. In addition to sampling wines from more than 35 Temecula Valley wineries and over a dozen restaurants, VIP guests will also have an opportunity to learn about wine grape growing in Southern California.
- Santa Clara Art & Wine Festival: September 15 and 16, 2012, 10am - 5pm Location: Santa Clara Central Park 969 Kiely Blvd, Santa Clara, 95050 Contact: J Teixeira at 408-615-3140, http://santaclaraca.gov/index.aspx?page=2209 Cost: Free The 2012 Santa Clara Art & Wine Festival will feature 175 regional artists, 25 food booths, wines from Bargetto, Guglielmo, J. Lohr, and Wente, beer from Gordon Biersch, live entertainment on three stages, and the ever-popular Kids Kingdom. More than 50,000 people attend to help raise funds for local charities.
For more in formation about CA wine events check on California Wine Events 2012.