Lunch is the second most important meal of the day. Many people go out for fast food and take their chances at finding something that is healthy on the menu. Others bring their lunches and know exactly what they are eating. After a period of time some lunch choices tend to get boring if you limit yourself to just a few different sandwiches. Here is a sandwich that brings wow to lunchtime and is not the usual cold cut sandwich that gets slapped together. Take just a few minutes the night before and create a lunch that is healthy, filling and tastes great.
- 2 tablespoons of honey mustard
- 2 small whole wheat bagels, toasted
- 4 ounces of oven-roasted deli turkey, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- ¼ of a cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tomato slices
- Toast the bagels and spread the honey mustard over the two bottoms.
- Add the sliced turkey to the bagel bottom and top with the lettuce, cucumber, tomato and sunflower seeds.
- Top the sandwich with the bagel tops.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: