Every once in a while we look for something to spice up the long work week. Preparing this recipe for a fizzy orange navel float is easy with only four ingredients. There is no need to pull out the blender to make this fizzy float either. This is a wonderful little concoction for anyone who loves the flavor of oranges and enjoys ice cream sodas. A combination of the two with a little extra boost creates this fizzy orange navel float everyone can enjoy. There are also two variations below for non-drinkers and children who will also love to be treated with a special drink on occasion.
- 1/4 cup of orange juice without the pulp
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Lemon lime flavored soda
- 1 ounce of orange liqueur
- Pour orange juice into a chilled tall glass or cup.
- Then add the orange liqueur.
- Then fill the glass ¾ the way to the top with the lemon lime soda and gently stir.
- Top the glass with 2 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream.
- Add a straw along with a long handled spoon and serve immediately.
- For a non-alcoholic fizzy orange navel float substitute the orange liqueur with a ¼ teaspoon of orange extract per serving.
- Another way to doctor up the recipe for non-drinkers is to use ½ lemon line and ½ orange flavored sodas instead of the liqueur.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.