UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace, and defense.
They have a need for immediate hire an Engineer Electrical Power to design and develop high power electronics and magnetics for motor drives and power converters for Space and Defense applications. The activities include requirements decomposition circuit design, performance and failure analyses, experimentation, test planning and execution.
The candidate shall be familiar with power in the range of 5 to 100 kilowatts at 270 to 600 watts volts, high frequency switching devices and their drive circuits as well as power magnetic design and analysis.
The individual shall have a solid understanding of transformers and motors and generators as well as their drive topologies. High fidelity circuit and system level simulation capacity using state of the art simulation tools is required. The individual should be able to demonstrate a strong analytical capability as well as a solid hardware background with hands on skills.
- Person with initative, resourcefulness and teaming abilities.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Work with multidisciplinary team environment are a must.
- Familiarity with PC office tools, including: Access, Excess, Project, Excel, Power-point, Visio, and Word are required.
- Capability with CAD tools such as Cadence, UG, or Pro-E, Speed, Mat Lab, and Doors is preferred.
Requirements: BSEE, MSEE or equivalent preferred. 5 or more years of experience in a related field.
Apply to: Hamilton Sundstrand, Human Resources, 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL 61108 - (815) 226 - 6000 - fax -(815) 394-2414