What are your thoughts about energy as it pertains to the human body? It is intangible in concept but its impact is very tangible in feeling. As a commodity it is valuable, much like time it feels like we can never get enough. If you’re in touch with your intuitive nature, you can see energy. This presence in an individual can darken or light up a room depending if it is positive or negative.
You can take or earn energy and inadvertently give it away. Sometimes you don’t even know when you’re exposed to an energy vampire. (This is a term I borrowed from Raymond Anderson who you’ll meet in an upcoming article). Yes, if you have interfaced with a high maintenance, dramatic and emotional person, unless you come with an extra dose of energy built up, you will end up feeling drained.
Thefreedictionary.com defines energy as, “The capacity for work or vigorous activity; vigor; power.”
• Bring a change of socks to work, and change your socks midway through the day (say, after lunch). You’ll be amazed at how much fresher you’ll feel.
• If allergies have your sinuses blocked, you may be feeling more tired and cranky. An over-the-counter allergy medication should clear up your sinuses (and your mind).
• Work with your body’s clock. There is a natural ebb and flow of energy throughout the day. We start off sluggish after even after 8 hours of sleep. Our energy peaks mid-morning, and it’s natural to want a siesta in the afternoon. We get a second spike of energy in the early evening, followed by our lowest energy point just before bedtime. Once you understand this natural rhythm of energy throughout the day, you can work on the important tasks during your peak hours and avoid early afternoon snoozefests (meetings).
• Roll up and down on your toes. This stimulates your circulatory system, which will deliver much-needed oxygen and fuel (glucose) throughout your body.
• Research has shown that the lavender scent increases alertness.”
It’s important to work your strengths and realize your weaknesses in order to position yourself for success. Boost your energy. You are worth the pick me up!