2-4-6-8! Who do we appreciate? The team mom! Celebrate the end of the season with a great party that gives everyone something to cheer about.
**Note: These ideas also work well for scout parties and birthday parties, too!**
- Attach the invitation as a sticker or tie-on to a piece of sports equipment
- Write the party details on a ball or piece of equipment
- Stick a label with party details onto a sports drink (“Main Ingredient for a fun party: YOU!”)
- Make an invitation that looks like ticket to a sporting event
- Evite is an easy way to contact the whole team (plus there are options for collecting money and signing up for potlucks online)
- Outdoor Parties: An outdoor party at the park, pool, beach or lake makes for a great team potluck with lots of room to play. For a celebration after an early game, consider a brunch: coffee, orange juice, donuts, bagels and fruit. Click here to read more ideas for Park Parties.
- Activity Parties: Keep the team active by celebrating at a sports activity venue. Click here for a list of great Orange County sports themed venues.
- Restaurant Parties: Team parties at restaurants have it all, food and fun. Contact restaurants for group package and reservation information.
Farrell’s Ice Cream Shoppe
Dave & Busters
Parents vs. kids scrimmage, game or relay
- Recognize the coach or each player by passing a ball and taking turns saying what you love about the coach, the season as a team or each individual player.
- Team Photo (have each player sign the mat around the photo)
- Ball (or other piece of equipment) signed by each player
- Charitable donation to a sports related charity
- Team t-shirt or hat (these make great gifts at the beginning of the season!)
- Sports paraphernalia from their favorite sports team
- Tickets to a sporting event
- A charm representing the sport (for women coaches)
- Gift card to the batting cages, a sports camp (for their child), iTunes, a bookstore or a restaurant
Recognition plaque, trophy or certificate
FAVORS FOR THE PLAYERS
- Matching team t-shirts or hats (Can be created online at Café Press)
- Favorite sports team souvenirs or clothing
- A sports water bottle (generic or custom printed)
- Fun shoelaces or sports socks
- Trophies or medals
- Certificates with nicknames or “Most ____”
- Piece of the Banner (cut each player’s name out of the banner as a keepsake)
- Pennant with player’s name and team name
- Ball, t-shirt or jersey signed by teammates
- Sport themed toys and trinkets (available at OrientalTrading.com )
- Candies or cookies shaped like sports equipment
Want to Pep Up your parties? Just click on the “SUBSCRIBE” button above to receive email alerts when Alii’s latest articles are available.
Check out more party ideas in the Spring issue of Coast Kids Magazine