Employees of WALA-TV, WKRG-TV, and WPMI-TV were at the fourth annual Worlds of Opportunity exposition held at the Mobile Civic Center (on Wednesday, September 25th , and Thursday, September 26th) in Mobile to teach students of the eighth grade from various public schools in southwest Alabama (including Baldwin County, Conecuh County, Clarke County, Choctaw County, Escambia County, Monroe County, Mobile County, and Washington County) about news broadcasting as part of the "World of Communications" exhibit (the stations were partners for the exhibit).
You may access images from the "World of Communications" exhibit by selecting the following links:
- Image of Joe Emer, one of the hosts for the local TV program "Studio 10" for WALA-TV
- Image of Stephen Quinn, a news reporter for WPMI-TV, and a visitor of the exposition
- Image of news desk (1)
- Image of Chasity Byrd, a weather reporter and news presenter for WALA-TV
- Image of news desk (2)
- Image of video camera and its operators
- Collection of images by Bob Grip, a news presenter for WALA-TV
- Image of Andrea Ramey, a news reporter and news presenter for WPMI-TV, and three visitors of the exposition
- Image of Stephen Quinn and Darwin Singleton, a fellow news reporter for WPMI-TV, and three visitors of the exposition
You may access other images from the exposition by visiting the "Albums" section of the official Facebook page for the exhibition.
(note: the article titled "WKRG-TV to pre-empt network program for local program and syndicated program" was amended to include citations for the TV programming guides for the station provided by Zap2it and TV Guide and the article titled "Changes to WEAR-TV's regular programming schedule for 2013-2014 TV season" was amended with another program added to the station's programming schedule).
All Examiner.com articles about television and radio in Mobile, Alabama by the author are available in the Mobile TV Examiner section and the Mobile Radio Examiner section respectively. To learn about the most recent articles about TV and radio in Mobile, you may add distribution feeds for those sections to your Internet browsers (link for TV article feed and link for radio article feed) or subscribe to Examiner alerts for your electronic mailbox (link for TV article alerts and link for radio article alerts).