Job fit is a great concern of managers as payrolls have tightened and there is little relief expected in the future. With downsizing and rightsizing many employees have been shifted into a new role for which demand not been properly trained or have the interpersonal skills.
An unconventional survey by Taleo Research took an interesting perspective concerning job fit and satisfaction. Respondents were asked to consider their job was a human and then state their feelings toward their job. Given that scenario:
- · 33% said they like their job seriously enough to date it.
- · 9% percent felt so strongly about their job that they would propose marriage.
- · 5% percent claim they would break up immediately.
These are strong indicators of one’s job fit. When an employee is in the right job for their personality, motivational stimulators, and personal interests they absolutely fall in love with the position and ultimately increase their personal productivity and the quality of their work.
©2014 Max Impact, used with permission.
Resources for you:
- Employment Diversity in Michigan, a human resources networking group on LinkedIn.
- Max Impact offers free employee training materials
- Cultural roadmap, look at the contents of the character within each of us.
- Cultural Faux Pas and Culture Quizzes are interesting quizzes to test your diversity knowledge.
- Keep your workforce motivated with these motivational quotes.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons for employee and leadership development.
- Employee training and development materials from Amazon.