This posting puts you to action. Simple, effective actions. I encourage you to give one, two...even all of them a try.
- Learn something about one of your customers or clients. How can you use this information?
- Talk to an associate about their work, their job. What engagement do you see and hear?
- Select and apply one simple improvement in how you do some part of your work? What results do you notice from the change?
- Analyze your time at work. Construct a pie chart for 5 different days, showing the major segments of your work. What conclusions can you draw?
- Decide what you enjoy about a specific part of your work. Can you transfer that enjoyment to parts you less enjoy?
Then I suggest you engage in some reflection after you carry out these actions. What difference have they made in your personal engagement?