An affirmation is a statement repeated frequently to imbed belief.
A good affirmation is a brief statement that includes an action verb in present tense.
It's one thing to think, I engage fully in my work.
It's a whole different matter to say it til you believe it so you act on it. That's what an affirmation provides.
Here are 5 affirmations you may use. However, I suggest they just get you started in drafting your own engagement affirmations. The ones you write for yourself have much more impact.
- I engage body, mind, and creative spirit in my work.
- My energy and enthusiasm improve my work efforts.
- The more I engage, the more I enjoy.
- The more I enjoy, the more I engage.
- Loving my work brings me great(er) rewards.
Once you have an affirmation, repeat it aloud no less than 10 times.
Repeat that 10x repetition several times a day. Once an hour is just about right.
Stick with one affirmation for at least a week. Reflect on changes in what you think, how you feel, and what you do regarding your engagement.
Stop by tomorrow. We'll look at 5 quick and easy engagement actions for you to try on.