As a previous article, Emerging Training Leaders award nominations now open, stated, The Training Magazine Network is seeking nominees for Training Magazine’s 2013 Emerging Training Leaders awards. That call for nominations closes on Friday, January 11, 2013.
The Training Magazine Network lists the following criteria for award nominations:
- Successfully led a large-scale training/learning and development initiative within the last year
- Demonstrates specific leadership qualities
- Has the potential to lead the Training or Learning and Development function at an organization in the next one to 10 years.
- Candidates must be in the training industry for a minimum of two years but no more than 10 years
- Only two candidates from any one company can be accepted
- Self-nominations are not accepted
Each nomination can achieve a maximum of 50 points as follows:
- Number and scope of new responsibilities (2 points)
- Training initiative (score is based on level of project difficulty/scale: 4 points; innovation of training: 5 points; results: 6 points; for a total of 15 points)
- Leadership skills utilized (15 points for usage + 15 points for quality of examples; for a total of 30 points)
- Readiness to lead the T&D function (2 points for timing and 1 point for reason(s) why; for a total of 3 points)
There is no entry fee.
Lorri Freifeld, editor in chief of the magazine is spearheading the effort. She will, in that position, judge the nominations. The winners will be featured in the May/June issue of Training magazine and participate in an awards ceremony to be held during the Training 2014 Conference & Expo in San Diego in February 2014.