In honor of all the flower children out at Coachella, today on Fashion Examiner, we are going to learn how to make a DIY Flower Crown inspired by Lucky Brand's Darling fragrance ($69).
What you'll need: Floral tape, floral glue, shears, leather cord and flowers.
- Step 1: Start with two long strands of a wispy flower with a bendable stalk. I'm using Delphiniums. Measure so each strand goes a little over half of your head. Trim the stems and tie a piece of leather cord to the end of each strand.
- Step 2: Use the floral tape to connect the ends of the two strands to create the base of your crown.
- Step3. Next create mini bouquets with your blooms holding them together with your floral tape.
- Step 4. Connect the bouquet to the base of the crown with your tape.
- Step 5. Continue making small bouquets and attaching them to your base. Tip: Keep your stems 2-3 inches long.
- Step 6: Once you've pretty much filled the entire crown base with flowers, use your glue to cover any visible tape or empty spots with more blooms and strands of orange blooms. Tip: You could pretty much glue the whole thing together if you really wanted to.
- Step 7. Try it on, make sure it fits, and enjoy.
For step by step photos and guidance visit http://www.lateafternoonblog.com/2014/04/flower-friday.html
Just like the scent of Lucky Darling, the flower crown is young, fun, and spirited. Instead of sulking around the house about not seeing Solange and Beyonce do the sister dance of the century -- you can rock this fabulous accessory and bring a little bit of Coachella to wherever you are!
And for more information on Lucky Darling visit www.luckybrand.com