I enjoy the ongoing opportunity to partner with my fellow Penn alumnus and professional associate Laura Bennet from Embrace Pet Insurance for monthly podcasts where we discuss pet health issues. This month's topic is applicable to all households and covers pet insurance (do you have it for your canine or feline companion?): Dr. Patrick Mahaney and Laura Bennett Talk Pet Insurance (click link to hear the podcast on the Embrace website).
This time, the tables are turned and Dr Patrick Mahaney asks me, Laura Bennett, CEO of Embrace Pet Insurance (EPI), questions on the topic of pet insurance. It is after all, Pet Health Insurance Month.
Questions covered are:
- What is the (estimated) number or percentage of pet owners in the U.S. who have insurance for their pets?
- What are EPI’s top canine and feline health claims?
- What are the main reasons pet owners give for establishing health insurance for their cats and dogs?
- Why should a pet owner get pet insurance?
- Does the typical pet owner keep their pet on Embrace's insurance throughout the pet's life?
- Does EPI cover any pre-existing conditions?
- Does EPI cover complementary and alternative medicine, such as acupuncture, physical therapy, chiropractic, and so on?
Thank you for reading this article. Your questions and comments are completely welcome (I’ll respond).
Please feel free to communicate with me through Twitter (@PatrickMahaney) and follow my adventures in veterinary medicine by liking Patrick Mahaney: Veterinarian Acupuncture Pain Management for Your Pets on Facebook.
Copyright of this article (2013) is owned by Dr Patrick Mahaney, Veterinarian and Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist. Republishing any portion of this article must first be authorized by Dr Patrick Mahaney. Requests for republishing must be approved by Dr Patrick Mahaney and received in written format.