An 11th-place finish in Division B singles was all that kept Chris Elmore from a "grand slam" in the Sarasota-Manatee County USBC Bowling Association's Open Championship Tournament, which ended a two-weekend run at AMF Bradenton on Sunday.
Otherwise, Elmore managed a clean sweep, winning three events, according to final, unofficial standings posted Tuesday.
Elmore captured the top spot in handicap all-events, with a nine-game score of 2,328, and he teamed with Nancy Jarvis to win the Division B doubles with a score of 1,573. In addition, he was a member of the championship team, All Of Us, in the Division B five-player event.
For good measure, the 155-average player blasted his first-ever perfect game while competing in doubles.
Jarvis and John Thompson were two-time winners in the tournament, which drew 31 teams, 77 doubles pairings, 154 singles entries and 115 all-events competitors.
In addition to her doubles victory with Elmore, Jarvis was on the winning All Of Us team -- which also included Preston Willis, Joseph Iafe and Mike Byrd -- and she was runner-up in both B singles and handicap all-events.
Thompson was the scratch all-events winner, pounding out a 2,106 pinfall (a 234 average), in addition to being a member of the Division A championship Siesta Key Oyster Bar team, which also included Beth Owen-Cipielewski, Janet Romig, Kevin Logan and Keith Cipielewski.
Other first-place winners were Jacob Evans and Ed Bancs in Division A doubles, Jimmy Bruns in Division A singles and Mike Hendrickson in Division B singles.
In addition to Elmore's perfect game, other tournament high scores included a 289 by David Shedrow and a 288 by Mark Donushi.
The high finishers in each event, according to final, unofficial standings:
- DIVISION A TEAM: 1, Siesta Key Oyster Bar 3,398; 2, The Kingpins (Jacob Evans, Anthony Bennett, Paul Farmer, Joshua Merkel, Dylan Clark) 3,360; 3, Core Financial Inc. (John Dickerman, Reed Torsell, Mike Clark, Terry Wood, Pepe Smith) 3,348.
- DIVISION B TEAM: 1, All Of Us 3,618; 2, Who Cares (Marsha Fritz, Jean Clearwater, Carlos Lozada, Leighton Bryant, Cindy Grich) 3,413; 3, Just Us (Rochelle Banks, Gabe Barone, Jarrod Fisher, Harold Banks, Ian Gray) 3,384.
- DIVISION A DOUBLES: 1, Jacob Evans and Ed Bancs 1,478; 2, Jarrod Fisher and Shaun Hackman 1,440; 3, David Turner and Robert Fletcher Sr. 1,437; 4, Kayla Staszewski and Jason Jones 1,423; 5, Rick Evans and Tracy Jackson 1,415.
- DIVISION B DOUBLES: 1, Nancy Jarvis and Chris Elmore 1,573; 2, Anthony Bennett and Paul Farmer 1,533; 3, Preston Willis and Mike Byrd 1,464; 4, John Hall and Jamie Garrett 1,449; 5, Janice Muri and Sandy Combs 1,422.
- DIVISION A SINGLES: 1, Jimmy Bruns 807; 2, Jarrod Fisher 784; 3, John Thompson 777; 4, Douglas Schultz 770; 5, Jon Barfield 767.
- DIVISION B SINGLES: 1, Mike Hendrickson 838; 2, Nancy Jarvis 798; 3, John Hall 792; 4, Amanda Albritton 760; Laurie Ann Bieber 750.
- HANDICAP ALL-EVENTS: 1, Chris Elmore 1,328; 2, Nancy Jarvis 2,302; 3, Preston Willis 2,271; 4, Jarrid Fisher 2,255; 5, John Hall 2,211.
- SCRATCH ALL-EVENTS: 1, John Thompson 2,106; 2, David Shedrow 2,041; 3, Mark Donushi 2,026; 4, Jesse Hawver 1,995; 5, Saul Insignares 1,974.
- NOTE: To access the complete list of everyone's tournament scores, click here.