Every year, Ellen DeGeneres dons her Santa hat for “12 Days of Giveaways,” which is very similar to Oprah’s “Favorite Things.” However, Ellen’s version stretches out for twelve whole days. On Dec. 6, she gave away more than $2000 worth of Christmas cheer for the second day of “12 Days of Christmas” in 2013, wowing the audience once again. Concerning her desire to make others happy during the holiday season, Ellen told the “LA Times,” “With Christmas, as you get older, it’s about the joy you get from giving and seeing the reaction of the other person.”
At the beginning of the episode, Kelly Clarkson performed a song titled “Beautiful Bells,” which Ellen explained was left off Clark’s new “Wrapped In Red” holiday album. The song began innocently enough, but when Kelly started clanging big bells, the audience quickly realized the song was not real, but a lead-in to Ellen's "12 Days" segment.
Day two of Ellen’s “12 Days of Giveaways” focused on the kitchen. DeGeneres gave away $2149 in gift cards, appliances, cookware and more to each and every person in her studio audience.
Below were the gifts from day two of “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013 ($2149 total value):
- $250 Whole Foods gift card
- $600 Vitamix professional blender
- $500 Breville Youbrew coffeemaker
- $500 Calphalon cookware set
- $299 Beats Pill portable speaker
Below were the gifts from day one of “12 Days of Giveaways” ($1700 total value):
- $1500 Target gift card
- $200 American Express gift card
After two days, the total value of “12 Days of Giveaways” stands at $3849.
In 2013, Ellen DeGeneres is once again giving TV viewers several opportunities to win the prizes from her “12 Days of Giveaways.” She calls it “12 Chances To Win 12 Days. Below is how you can participate and register to win.
- Ellen website: Every day, ten winners will receive all of the giveaways from that day.
- Facebook: Ellen’s Facebook fans get a chance to win each of the 12 Days of Giveaways.
- Twitter: Follow Ellen on Twitter. You never know when she’ll tweet a chance to win 12 Days prizes.
- Instagram: Follow Ellen on Instagram for fun and exciting ways to win a full day’s worth of 12 Days prizes.
- Yahoo Shine: Go to Ellen’s Good News page to win each day’s prizes. You could even win every single 12 Days prize.
- YouTube: Find the secret link to enter on one of Ellen’s “Heads Up” videos on YouTube, and you could win!
- Pinterest: Find Ellen’s pin of her holiday set for a very Pinteresting way to win.
- Vine: Follow Ellen on Vine and find the Vine with the secret link for another chance to win the prizes for that day.
- Newsletter: Ellen’s newsletter subscribers get a chance to win 12 Days prizes. Subscribe here.
- Tumblr: Find the image of Ellen’s viewers winning 12 Days prizes, and you would be a winner.
- Watch & Win: After the 12 Days of Giveaways, tune in to Ellen’s Watch & Win for another chance to win.
- GetGlue: Check in to every day of Ellen’s 12 Days of Giveaways on GetGlue and you could win, too.
“12 Days of Giveaways” continues through Friday, Dec. 20, but Ellen could throw in an extra day for good measure, just like she did in 2012.
To watch day two of Ellen’s “12 Days of Giveaways” in 2013, be sure to watch the video above and to the left.
“The Ellen DeGeneres Show” airs every weekday on NBC. Check local listings for air times.
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you'll stay up-to-the-minute with the latest TV news.