The eleventh session of "Seeking Him" small group Bible Study was held at New Canaan Worship Center in Richmond, Virginia on Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
The main topic of discussion was "The Spirit-Filled Life: God's Power in You."
Participants were excited about this lesson because it caused a light bulb to go off when they realized that the Holy Spirit is actively involved in every dimension of a Christian's life from the moment of conversion until we are in heaven.
These were strong points gleaned from this session:
- The Holy Spirit is not an "It." We should refer to the Holy Spirit as "He, Him, and His."
- Christian maturity cannot be attained without the operation of the Holy Spirit within our lives.
- The Holy Spirit is our guide as well as our companion.
- The Holy Spirit enables us to live a spirit-filled life and to do ministry.
- The Holy Spirit operates more effectively in our lives when we let "self" get out of the way.
- We should learn to listen to the Holy Spirit, follow the Holy Spirit, rely on the Holy Spirit and walk in His fullness.
- Just as the power of the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead, the power of the Holy Spirit can raise you above your circumstances.
- The only way to live victoriously is to live under the Holy Spirit's control.
Next week is the final lesson in this series: "The Personal Devotional Life; 'Seeking Him' Daily."