Skip to main content
  1. News
  2. Top News

Electrical outlet suspected in Daytona house fire Saturday

See also

A fire that started in an electrical outlet most likely lead to a blaze at a Daytona Beach home early Saturday evening. No one was injured in the fire, but Daytona Beach Fire Department spokesman Lt. Larry Stoney says there was an estimated $30,000 damage to the home. The fire was reported shortly before 7:30 p.m. Saturday, and preliminary reports say it began in an outlet where a “cellular device” was charging.

More Photos

On their arrival at the scene, Daytona Beach firefighters reported “…heavy black smoke and flames coming from the structure...” in the 1000 block of Continental Drive, just north of Third Street. Lt. Stoney reports that firefighters “…were able to attack the fire aggressively and confine the fire to the area of origin.” Daytona Beach Fire Department units from stations 4, 5, and 7 responded to the scene, along with a unit with the Volusia County Fire Services and an EVAC ambulance. Daytona Beach Police blocked area streets as firefighters utilized neighborhood fire hydrants.

Florida Power and Light disconnected power to the home due to both heavy damage from smoke and the possible outlet problem. Lt. Stoney says the family is being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Click here to visit the Daytona Beach Fire Department web site.

You can contact this writer at mroyer5@yahoo.com

Advertisement