A house fire over the weekend damaged a beachside home in Daytona Beach. The fire in the 300 block of Phoenix Avenue appeared to be an electrical fire that started accidently, according to Daytona Beach Fire Department spokesperson Lt. Larry Stoney. Heavy smoke and flames were visible as firefighters arrived at the scene around 3 Saturday afternoon, and Lt. Stoney says firefighters “…made an aggressive offensive attack…” on the blaze which minimized damage to the home. No one was injured in the blaze, but one pet bird was found deceased near the area where the fire started inside. Other animals at the home including cats, dogs and other birds were found safe in the backyard of the residence. The Daytona Beach Fire Department estimates there was around $30,000 damage to the home.
Daytona Beach Fire Engines lined the street along Phoenix Avenue Saturday afternoon as fire crews wearing air tanks and wielding water as well as axes managed the fire. Daytona Beach Police blocked traffic in the area also.
Click here to visit the Daytona Beach Fire Department website.
You can contact this writer at firstname.lastname@example.org