Rayovac Packaging and Distribution Center, a division of Spectrum Brands, Inc. An ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified facility. They are located in a great location in Dixon, IL, just off 88 within (1) hour commute from Rockford, IL, Chicago suburbs and the Quad cities. They need an experienced Electrical Engineer.
Rayovac was founded in 1906 in Madison, WI, by James Owen Ramsay (1869 - 1958) as the French Battery Co., with Alfred Landau as its first President. In 1910, Landau was replaced by C.F. Burgess. The company became profitable. A fire destroyed the plant in 1915. Burgess left the company and founded his own company.
In 1930 the company's name was changed to Ray-O-Vac, their new technology was to manufacture vacuum tubes and electronic rays. In 2005 Rayovac changed its name to Spectrum Brands. (Wikipedia - Encyclopedia).
- Hands on efforts to solve electrical and production related issues.
- Responsible for day to day problem solving as well as providing engineering expertise.
- A high performance, team atmosphere is the setting for these activities.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of five or more years related experience.
- Creative motivated, self-started, with a demonstrated ability to lead projects or significant portions of projects.
- Good written, oral and inter-personal skills and ability to perform well in a high intensity team environment.
A full job description and to be considered for the Electrical Engineer position you can apply online at:
www.spectrumbrands.com/careers. Successful completion of a background check for all positions, is required.