If you’re not too old for romance then you’re not too old to duke it out over infidelity, even if it’s of the cyber kind. That is the story out of Lake Worth, Fla., where 76-year-old Edward Aronson was booked on domestic battery charges after decking his wife of 33 years.
According to the Smoking Gun, the altercation began last night when 77-year-old Sylvia Aronson discovered her hubby cruising a dating website and slapped him across the face. He retaliated by shoving his better half, who fell to the ground, breaking her hip in the process.
According to a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office report, Sylvia — who was interviewed in her hospital bed — told a deputy that she ‘found her husband looking at an unknown dating web site.’ An argument ensued, and Sylvia ‘became so upset with him not being honest that she slapped him on the left side of his face.’ Edward allegedly responded by pushing Sylvia, causing her to fall to the floor.
Deputies only learned of the alleged battery after the couple had gone to a local hospital for treatment of Sylvia’s injury. Nurse Lori Leisen reported overhearing the husband tell someone on the phone, “She accused me of cheating and was yelling at me so I pushed her.”
Edward was briefly booked into the county jail on two felony counts of battering someone over the age of 65.
Although incidents of domestic violence among residents of South Florida’s sprawling retirement community, the Smoking Gun notes that a similar incident occurred in October of 2012 when a 74-year-old Broward County man struck his 47-year-old wife in the face and shoved her to the ground. Their argument was over “Obama and Romney.”
- Who’s up for a good cunnilingus joke? CNN, that’s who
- 11-year-old assaults grandmother after she refuses to buy him toy
- Unconstitutional provisions in Violence Against Women Act reauthorization bill
- White perpetrator of ‘knockout’ attack charged with hate crime
- West Bank village demands ‘honor killing’ — father murders daughter
- OK man killed girlfriend’s baby because it wouldn’t stop crying during football game
- Horror story: Mom learns her 15-year-old son is dead when she reads about it on Facebook
- Car buyer performs oral sex on seller to lower sale price
- Woman denied sex retaliates by biting boyfriend’s man part
- Man arrested for ‘soliciting prostitute’ … on honeymoon
- Man frustrated over lack of sex dismembers own manhood, lives to regret it
- Man has 4-inch fork removed from inside penis after sex goes wrong