Much like the 1930's when Americans failed to act on the military and economic build-up of Germany and Japan, China has exploded as a world power in one generation. From the expansion of their military in Southeast Asia and the Pacific, to a world power with their booming economy, China is not only a power to be reckoned with, but an oncoming second superpower.
The list of items that should worry Americans about China's rise to world prominence is immense. Here are just 18 items to reckon with presently.
- When you total up all imports and exports, China is now the number one trading nation on the entire planet.
- Overall, the U.S. has run a trade deficit with China over the past decade that comes to more than 2.3 trillion dollars.
- China has more foreign currency reserves than anyone else on the planet.
- China now has the largest new car market in the entire world.
- China now produces more than twice as many automobiles as the United States does.
- After being bailed out by U.S. taxpayers, GM is involved in 11 joint ventures with Chinese companies.
- China is the number one gold producer in the world.
- The uniforms for the U.S. Olympic team were made in China.
- 85% of all artificial Christmas trees the world over are made in China.
- The new World Trade Center tower in New York is going to include glass imported from China.
- China now consumes more energy than the United States does.
- China is now in aggregate the leading manufacturer of goods in the entire world.
- China uses more cement than the rest of the world combined.
- China is now the number one producer of wind and solar power on the entire globe.
- China produces 3 times as much coal and 11 times as much steel as the United States does.
- China produces more than 90 percent of the global supply of rare earth elements.
- China is now the number one supplier of components that are critical to the operation of any national defense system.
- In published scientific research articles, China is expected to become number one in the world very shortly.
Americans may consider Obamacare and our economy and jobs the main focus of this year's midterms, but the growing cloud of Communist China's world influence will be with us forever.
* If you have enjoyed this column, may I suggest you scroll down this page and press the SUBSCRIBE box? It's FREE. Thank you for your patronage.
** Send your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org