The most common, almost intuitive, reaction of readers of the first two chapters of Genesis concerns the nature of the creation account. Rather than concentrating on the "how" of creation, it is more appropriate theologically to address the "why". That is "why" I give "Eight reasons to believe in the Creation account". I used the word "CREATION" to illustrate this because it has eight letters, and because of the Book of Genesis which means "beginning".
1. Christ receives the preeminence : Jesus Christ must be given preeminence in all things. He created all things. He is God manifest in flesh (I Timothy 3:16)(John 1:1-4,14). How could anyone say that Christ Jesus was just a man? He is God (" For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.") (I Timothy 2:5), the Creator of heaven and the earth. "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;" (Colossians 1:12-19)
2. Remember the Creator in thy youth : This is where it needs to begin at. Children need to learn of the Creator from an early age. "Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them" (Ecclesiastes 12:1). School children long ago were taught from the Bible about Creation. They learned who the Creator was and were able to call on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation at a young age.
3. Evolution dispelled : Evolution takes a back seat when Biblical/scientific creationism proves the fallacy of it. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ said to young Timothy, "O' Timothy keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:" (I Timothy 6:20). Paul is saying to Timothy keep and study the Word of God and avoid anything that is false knowledge (science). Evolution is a false science of today! Today, countless scientists are realizing that God's truth is all truth, and that true science will indeed be compatible with the Word of God. Furthermore, as they hunger to know the Creator more intimately, they continue to search the wonders of creation, returning to the Church's roots of biblical, scientific creationism, to the Church's edification and gratitude. " Evolution is a fairy tale for grownups, this theory has helped nothing in the progress of science. It is useless." (Professor Louis Bonnoure (Former President of Biological Society of Strasbourg and Director of Research at the French National Centre of Scientific Research), as quoted in "The Advocate", Thursday 8 March 1984, p.17).
4. Adam, first man not ape-men : To believe we evolved from apes has never been proven! "Amid the bewildering array of early fossil hominids, is there one whose morphology marks it as man's ancestor? If the factor of genetic variability is considered, the answer appears to be no" (Robert B. Eckhardt, Ph.D (human genetics and anthropology, Pennsylvania State University USA), 'Population genetics and human origins', Scientific American, vol. 226, January 1972, p.94). "In recent years several authors have written popular books on human origins which were based more on fantasy and subjectivity than on fact and objectivity. At the moment science cannot offer a full answer on the origin of humanity, but scientific method takes us closer to the truth... As far as geologically more recent evidence is concerned, the discovery in East Africa of apparent remains of Homo in the same early fossil sites as both gracile and robust australopethecines has thrown open once again the question of the direct relevance of the latter to human evolution"(Introduction to, and article by Dr. Robert Martin (Senior Research Fellow, Zoological Society of London), "Man is not an onion", New Scientist, 4 August 1977 pp. 283 and 285).
Man is a direct creation of God. We were created in the image of God, and God's image is not an ape. "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of god created he him: male and female created he them." (Genesis 1:26-27).
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became living soul" (Genesis 2:7).
"And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man" (Genesis 2:21-22).
5. Tells us the origin of the universe and the earth : The first verse in the first book of the Bible (The First Book of Moses, called Genesis) gives us the origin : "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Genesis 1:1). Psalm 19:1 says, "The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament sheweth his handywork." It tells us "why" we are to believe in creation. It is to declare the glory of God.
6. In an instant out of nothing by the Word of God, and not over billions of years : The Bible tells us plainly that God created. God spoke and everything came into existence. "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear" (Hebrews 11:3).
"For the word of the LORD were the heavens made, and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth" (Psalm 33:6).
"For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood still" (Psalm 33:9).
These verses, and others like them, would teach us that God simply spoke worlds into being. He apparently did not labor and toil and exhaust Himself. Instead, He merely spoke the word, and it was done. Amen!
7. Order not chaos : God does everything decently and in order. "Let all things be done decently and in order" (I Corinthians 14:40). When God created He created in order not chaos. Genesis 1:1-31, gives us the order of Creation. The Big Bang theory which supposedly started with a big explosion never happened. No explosion of any kind ever produced anything. Explosions tears things apart. The problem with the Big Bang theory is that it is incapable of explaining why the expansion of gases in the universe created constellations. For instance, the rate of expansion according to the Big Bang is too vast for gravity of the particles in order to begin the formation of stars.
8. No excuse not to believe : According to the Bible, God imprinted something about Himself in the things that He created and made, so that all of humanity would be able to "clearly see" enough about God's "power and Godhead" that no one could claim ignorance or lack of exposure to the existence of a Creator God. Those who insist on ignoring that information (the information in the Creation itself0 are said to be "without excuse". "For the invisible things of him from creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and God head; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).