These eggs baskets are, in fact, individual baked eggs nestled in a crispy nest of hash browns, and they are perfect for a crowd. You can cook up what you need in muffin tins, pop them in the oven, and voila!
- For each potato basket use ¼ cup refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
NOTE: Simply Potatoes in the refrigerated section of your supermarket works well.
- 1 large egg per basket
- Kosher salt and black pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Start with shiny and light (in color) muffin pans. For each egg basket, spoon 1/4 cup mixture into a muffin cup coated with cooking spray. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of muffin cup, pushing mixture just above the rim.
3. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
4. Crack 1 large egg into each basket.
5. Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs are set to your liking.
6. Sprinkle each basket with a dash of kosher salt and a pinch of pepper.
There’s a double-win with this breakfast. Your guests get a special treat, and you get a super easy breakfast that looks incredible!