The EG Opener date has been set for May 24 at The Marshes Golf Club.
Executive Golf’s annual season kickoff tourney is basically an all for fun, fun for all day that welcomes everyone and anyone looking to play in a pick your pleasure, whether it be a social or competition-optional, golf event.
EG members, non-members, Slammer Tour members and guests are all invited to shoot 18 holes on one of the capital region’s premium tracks and follow up their rounds by sitting down to a scrumptious dinner and prize party. Naturally, vegetarian options will be made available.
The opener’s list of things to do begins at 11:30 a.m. when registration starts. A shotgun start gets play under way at 1 p.m.
The fees are $110 for EG members, $125 for non-members, guests and members-to-be and $35 for folks who only attend the dinner.
The fee includes the golf, range balls, power cart, contests, the dinner and the prizes.
There will be the traditional Ian Campbell ‘The Guy In The Kilt Putting Contest, a special after-golf trivia contest and three participants will putt for a year of unlimited free golf.
Other contests include:
- On-course long drive contest
- On course closest-to-the pin contest
- On-course ‘cross the rope’ contest
- On-course BEAT EG for a free round of golf
- $5K hole-in-one for all participants (tentative)
Here are the formats:
- Social - Two-person scramble (solo players will be paired up). This is a have-fun zone, even though scores are to be recorded and prizes given away.
- Play your own ball - No prizes for this format but players can still go for it in the contests.
- Slammer Tour match-play format – It’s for the die-hard competitors in the field.
A $25 fee is in place for cancellations made before May 16 and no refunds will be available for no-shows and cancellations made within 48 hours.
The Marshes Golf Club is the sister course of Celtic Manor in Wales, where the 2010 Ryder Cup was played. The Kanata layout features four sets of tees, plays to par 72 and measures 7,027 from the back tees.