One of the most difficult skin conditions that are faced by most young adults and teenagers is acne. The problem is that this problem often follows people into adulthood and continues to mar their face. It causes pimples on the skin that can have a negative impact on one’s appearance. Most people make the mistake of using synthetic chemical treatments like salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, which irritate the skin. It is better for people to use home remedies that use only basic household items for killing acne-causing bacteria and cleansing the face. There are several effective home remedies that can be used and some are listed as follows:
- Acidic juices should be applied to the skin for reducing the size of the pimples. A lemon or orange should be squeezed into a small dish and the juice should be applied softly on the skin with a washcloth. Let the juice remain applied overnight.
- Plain yogurt and oatmeal should be mixed properly until a thick paste is formed. The paste should be applied to the affected areas and allow it to dry. Wash it off after 10 to 15 minutes. The oiliness of the skin can be reduced with the oatmeal and this can help in eliminating acne.
- Take two or three green tea bags and soak them in hot water. The tea bags should be placed in the refrigerator after removing them from the water. Redness and inflammation can be reduced by applying the tea bags to the acne-affected areas.
- Apply toothpaste on the pimples that appear on your face. The pimples should be covered with non-gel and white toothpaste. As long as it is applied for the night, oil production will be reduced and the bacteria that causes acne will also be killed. This should be repeated a couple of times until the pimples vanish.
- Skin damage that occurs in acne can be reduced with aloe Vera. Aloe Vera soap or gel can be applied to the skin at least three times a day. Let the aloe Vera remain applied onto the skin for 5 minutes before it’s washed off. This can heal and cool the skin.
- People also need to adopt some healthy lifestyle habits for getting rid of acne permanently. They should not consume fatty and greasy foods because these foods contain a lot of oil. The oil will end up exacerbating the acne.
- Never touch your skin without washing your hands first. Your fingers may be covered in oils, bacteria and dirt and this will worsen the acne and make it spread. Use natural soap for washing your hands before you touch your face and the acne infected areas.
- Skin should also be moisturized on a regular basis, especially in the case of dry skin. Olive oil can be dabbed onto the fingers and then applied to the acne-prone areas.
- People should eat more fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water for flushing the toxins from the body.