If you are a leader who has had a lapse in maintaining your New Year's resolutions, it may be time to set a new goal for yourself. Here are seven tips for goal setting from two-time U.S. Olympian Alan Culpepper (from the November 2013 issue of Competitor magazine).
Here are his seven tips for setting goals, whether are your workplace or away-from-work goals:
- Be clear and specific about what it is you are trying to accomplish.
- Set intermediate goals that complement a long-term goal.
- Shoot high, but recognize the importance of a natural progression.
- Write your goals down.
- Review your goals periodically.
- Remind yourself often why you are working on your goal.
- And, remember even if you don't hit your goal, there is satisfaction the process.
For more information about leadership from Eric Jacobson.