The ten weeks of fun feature the following themes:
- Under the Sea
- Play with Plants
- Animal Adventures
- Summer in Space
- Camping for Kids
- Weather Wonderful
- Dynamite Dinosaurs
- Summertime Science
- Crazy Creatures
- Beach Bash
Each week features a downloadable checklist of materials needed, full instructions, photos of the projects and more.
For example, the "summertime science" week says:
Our hypothesis for this week? That your family will have a stupendous time with these silly science projects that get your child to balance rocks, blow bubbles, and launch marshmallows!
Activities for "summertime science" week include:
- Spud Launcher: What Happens when Magma Hardens Inside a Volcano?
- Is it Possible to Blow a Square Bubble?
- Ready, Aim, Marshmallows!
- Balancing Rocks: A Wobbly Game
- Can You Cook Using Only Sunlight?
- Make Summer Screen Time Matter
- How to Tell Time by the Sun
- Melting Crayons
- Balloon Rocket Experiment
- Bubble Science
No age range is given for the activities, but they seem well suited for toddlers through elementary grades. Older kids would certainly enjoy many of the projects as well.
Want to stay in the loop? You can subscribe to my column to be updated when I post articles.