With Valentine's Day right around the corner, many lovers of love are looking for ways to spice up their sex lives! So, if you're looking to boost sex and intimacy in your bedroom, give these seven, simple libido-enhancing foods a try!
"Increasing emotional and physical intimacy , and one's sense of self as a sexually alive person, generally leads to greater feelings of life satisfaction , health and wellbeing," says Debra Haffner, MPH, M.Div.
Good health includes a good sex life and it's vital to keep the spark alive or reignite the fire in not only your relationship, but yourself as well.
7 Libido-Boosting Foods
- Warming Spices: Spices like cinnamon, cardamom and coriander have a "warming effect" that also heats up your sex drive.
- Hot Peppers: Spicy peppers, like chilis, increase blood flow while simultaneously boosting libido.
- Cacao(raw chocolate): Chocolate, in its purest form, has a high antioxidant count. Vital nutrients include magnesium and iron; which are nutrients key to stamina and endurance.
- Maca Root: This superfood has been consumed by the Andes in Peru for centuries. Touted for its longevity and anti-aging benefits, maca root increases strength, energy and libido. It's the pleasure principle in one swallow!
- Garlic: Garlic contains a natural stimulator called allicin which increases blood flow throughout the body.
- Oysters: This "food of Love" increases sex drive; due to a high level of zinc which supports testosterone production and boosts dopamine.
- Vanilla: Studies show that vanilla is a scent that men crave. Breathe it in and release your inhibitions!
Sexy Smoothie Love Potion For Two
1 1/2c. unsweetened almond or coconut milk
large handful of leafy greens ( kale or spinach)
pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp. maca root powder; raw cacao powder; pure vanilla
Blend and serve!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your HEART...pursue those!
"Living Well...one healthy step at a time"